Wednesday, August 15, 2012

What's In Your Bag?

Every year there is one thing that causes SO MUCH excitement. SO MUCH research. Something that I must do... put together / organize my teacher bag! I have to admit, most years this also includes buying a new one! What pattern? How many pockets? How can I better stay organized!?

This year, I will be sporting the "Vera" bag by Vera Bradley. After much deliberation, I decided on the "Indigo" pattern. Check out the other awesome Vera Bradley bags here - www.verabradley.com

Things in my bag...

:: Color folder jackets from Staples - these are awesome to keep different periods' grading separated while minimizing any chance of losing things.
:: Ink Joy colored pens for grading - I don't like to always grade in red, so I usually change up the color pretty regularly.
:: Stickers - I have been stunned by how excited my high school students get when they have a sticker on their test. I buy stickers in bulk! It cracks me up how they will carefully peel off the stickers and put them on a binder or folder. Even my seniors... :) These Dr. Seuss ones were a big hit!

:: Binder Clips - I am a little obsessed with "fun" binder clips. I clip EVERYTHING (even if I am putting it in a folder). I haven't lost student work yet ;)

:: Flash Drive - My flash drive is my life. I don't save anything to my actual school computer it always gets saved to my flash drive. Best invention!
:: Portable External Hard Drive - You were probably thinking that I was pretty risky just saving my "stuff" to my flash drive, but have no fear... I also carry a portable external hard drive that I back the flash drive up to regularly. It's just a tad bigger than the size of a digital camera and is super lightweight. Highly recommended!

:: Calculator - As a math teacher, it is a must :)

:: Perfume - Never hurts to reapply halfway through the day.

:: Advil Liquid Gels - Ah-maze-ing! Who doesn't get the occasional headache at work?

:: Notebook - I am known to make lists or take notes all of the time. Often I resort to my notebook if I need to do some math, want to make a to-do list, etc. Comes in handy when technology is not always available.

:: School keys / ID - A must.

:: Snack - I usually throw some almonds or a granola bar in my bag along with a bottle of water.

I'm sure I am forgetting a few things that I put in my bag, but these are the biggies!

What do you put in your school bag?


No comments:

Post a Comment