Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Bulletin Board #3

On to my last "bulletin board." I am very fortunate to have a white board and a Star Panel in my classroom that are used as my primary way of teacher. SOOOOO... in reality, my 3rd bulletin board is really a chalkboard and I have converted.

The border, quotes, titles, etc. are all mounted with this amazing supply...  I cute the business card magnets down to size. They are super easy to apply (peel and stick)... voila!









On the left side, I placed a bunch of quotes relating to kindness, respect, and paying it forward. I am a major quote collector, and I worked really hard to find profound quotes from notable people. Each quote is laminated with magnets on the back.

In the middle is a section for NEWS! I update it once a week or so with notable events or activities going on at school. Some items I include: games, theater/arts productions, assemblies, speakers, college visits, etc. It is also a great place for general school announcements.

On the right side is my spot to highlight birthdays. Sometimes birthdays tend to be unintentionally forgotten because it is high school and most teachers have 120+ students on a given day. This is my way to remember birthdays and individually recognize my students. I want them to feel remembered. At the beginning of the year I either print (from our grade book program) their birthdays or have them fill out their birthdays on an information sheet. Then, each month, I update this portion of the board with the date in chronological order followed by their names.
Thanks to Pinterest, each student gets a pencil and a sticker on their bday! :)




The news and birthday posters were bought from a local school supply store. I laminated them, and they are 100% dry erase worthy now! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment