Sunday, October 13, 2013

College Recommendations

Well, it is that time of year... college recommendation writing. I am always so humbled when students ask me to write them a recommendation for college. This year, I am up to 12 recommendations so far, and I agonize over each recommendation to make sure that it paints a picture of the student as I know them. While I am aware that many people use "form letters" when it comes to recommendations, I like to write personal recommendations for each student and my interaction(s) with them. Since I work with students in a variety of capacities - in my class, in my House (more on Houses back here), in the Junior Class PROM Committee, or in STEM Girls - I strive to include personal stories or anecdotes. What does all of this mean? Each letter takes me quite a bit of time. BUT... I am completely fine with that! Many are applying to schools that I only would dream of attending, and many are seeking degrees in genres that leave me in awe. These students are the future. They will live to make such an amazing impact on our world and society, and I am honored to know each and every one of them.

I wish them nothing but the best, and I cannot wait to watch them continue to grow and leave their mark on this world. 


No comments:

Post a Comment